For where your treasure is, there shall your heart be also. ~ Matthew 6:21

Monday, February 6, 2012

Genesis

This is one adventure that chose me and my resistance was definitely futile.  I have always been captivated by the potential of making something significant out of next to nothing, but I never imagined the immense power of tiny colored glass beads.  Initially I was intrigued with the delicate intricacy of the designs and was content to appreciate other artist's work from a distance.  Eventually, however, my curiosity got the best of me and I began experimenting to determine if I had any personal artistry in this medium. I have been captive ever since.

The most profound influence on my work is my love of adventure, particularly as it relates to everything water: swimming, scuba diving, sailing.  In my designs I seek to capture the memories and feelings of these experiences through color, shape, flow and symbolism.  When I am between adventures, I have found that having a beautiful and tangible reminder of the memories I hold in my heart is very powerful, motivating and sustaining.

And so it is from this very humble beginning, with the love of my family and the encouragement of friends and clients, I begin this new and very unique adventure that I am calling wanderware.  I will be posting pictures and descriptions of my designs as they become available both here and on my Facebook site.  Contact me if anything catches your eye or if you have comments and suggestions.  I am also happy to do special orders if you have a memory that you would like captured in wanderware.

No comments:

Post a Comment