For where your treasure is, there shall your heart be also. ~ Matthew 6:21

Saturday, February 22, 2014

icicles ~ Winter Sparkle Blog Hop



For this winter-time celebration of sparkling beautifulness, I decided to take a different approach to the creative process than I normally would.  Instead of challenging myself to the point of craziness, I chose to relax and just make something beautiful using techniques that I was already competent with. It wasn't so easy though, trying to incorporate the abundance, variety and unique sizes of beads that I had received from our hostess, Lisa (aka ~ Sparkle Queen!) I finally decided on a simple St. Petersburg chain which practically begged to have all the crystal and Czech glass drops dangling from it! 
Hence, my icicle necklace was born.


Tears of snow
held suspended
in winter’s
icy grasp
grow
drop by
drop
into
crys
tal
s
p
e
a
r
s

~ Elaine Magliaro



But now, what to do with the incredible pile of  beads I had remaining???  In compliance with Lisa's information sheet which states that we should "use as many beads from this bead kit as you can," I decided to put together my very first jewelry set which included these simple icicle earrings . . .  


and finally this super cool, super sparkle-y icicle bracelet.


While I didn't quite accomplish the "not driving myself crazy" part, I don't think I could have crammed more sparkle-y goodness into one blog post if I tried!!!  The full set all together is almost blinding with sparkle!!!


Many thanks to our amazing hostess, Lisa Lodge, for helping us all so successfully combat the grayness of these long winter days with so much light and beauty and hope.  Please visit all of my fellow "sparkle experts" blog sites to be further dazzled and delighted by their contributions at:

http://gratefulartist.blogspot.com/2014/02/winter-sparkle-blog-hop-link-list.html


15 comments:

  1. Lovely! I admire those with a talent for bead weaving, you certainly made some beautiful pieces~ nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful set! I love the deep blue colour!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love blue and you made an amazing set that consumed lots of those beads.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That chain is so cool. What a great way to hang those dropping sparklies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Boy, were you busy! Each piece is lovely and a feast for the eyes. My hat's off to you :) Christie

    ReplyDelete
  6. All of your pieces are beautiful I love the colors you received.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful colors and a wonderful jewelry set - lovely

    ~cryssT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, Chris - I think this set is one of my favorites in the hop. Love the design, color, everything! Especially the bracelet. It makes me smile just looking at it. Thanks for being in the hop!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, that is amazing. I love what you did with your beads.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really love the bracelet! VERY Sparkly!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow Chris your set is stunning. Outstanding job.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh wow...how much more sparkly can you get....Get set and fantastic job! I could see those on the neck, ears, and wrist of a snow queen!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love how you used so many of your beads to create these beauties. Wonderful job of chasing away the winter doldrums.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful, royal, sparkling set!

    ReplyDelete